You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Horn Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

engelbertschmid

Administrator

• "engelbertschmid" started this thread

Date of registration: Jun 19th 2013

About me: Administrator

Friday, July 26th 2013, 11:47pm

"I need a Certain Resistance!"

"I need a certain resistance!"

Basic information by Engelbert Schmid
Every instrument makers tries to build his horn as exactly as possible. Inexact inside measure provides resistance and a worse response, i. e. wolf notes. Heavier weight in the vibrating tubes also provide more resistance. Heavy weight of the machine partially also provides more resistance, but relatively less than thicker tubes. The biggest disadvantage of a heavy machine is that you have to hold it permanently and that the moving mass of the levers and rotors is higher and so the machine is not running as easily and fast.
Higher resistance needs more energy at playing and so is reducing the endurance. Higher resistance also does not make more secure. Numerous trials have shown that on the more exactly responding and easier blowing Engelbert Schmid Horns the players miss less notes.